What to do?
Elonna - 8/14/2009 8:45 AM
Category: Training
Replies: 3

I had signed up for an AOW class with the LDS that I did my OW for September. They have canceled the class and may or may not reschedule it for October.

Should I look into taking the class at a different LDS? I really like the owners and feel comfortable with the people at the first LDS, but I could see them waiting until spring now to schedule the AOW since it can be pretty cool/cold here in October and I’d really prefer not to wait that long, but I also don’t want there to be issues if I want to take other classes there in the future if I go to a different shop for my AOW.

Should I be more concerned with what I want or should I maintain a certain amount of loyalty to the shop? I chose them because I like the ’feel’ of their shop over the shop that I’d go to for class instead, but the second school seems to have a lot more business and confirmed schedules of classes.
seawolfdiving - 8/14/2009 10:34 AM

It’s good to show loyalty to your favorite local dive shop. However, your needs are important too. Your LDS understands this. You (the customer) are the reason why they are in business.

Although I support my favorite LDS, and I am friends with the owners, there are times when they simply can not meet my needs at a particular time. In that case, I do use other facilities (though not often).

What I usually do is explain my needs to the folks at my LDS and ask what they can do to accommodate me. If they are not able to do what I need, then I ask for recommendations. In this way, you are letting them know that you considered their services "first". And maybe they will point you to another facility that can help you.

Just a suggestion.

Ron sends
DalelynnSims - 8/14/2009 11:25 AM
If you find yourself in Virginia look us up and we can schedule this for you.
cspring - 8/18/2009 7:05 AM
Give me a call at Scuba Unlimited - 793-4747. We have a AOW class going on now. Dives are Aug. 29/30. We also have one scheduled for Sept.