Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Uwatec Aladin Ultra Pro
ssbeachbaby - 9/17/2009 10:52 PM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 3

Does anyone know about replacing the battery in one of these computers? The battery is at 67% and my friend just got it with some other dive equipment. I contacted my local scubapro dealer(one of them) and the owner said it was 125.00 to replace it. I wanted to know why it was so high and he said that the company wanted people to upgrade their computers, so if you got it second hand, the warranty and cheaper battery replacement would not cover you. So...does anyone have any ideas on what to do? I have the Gekko so I can replace my own batteries.
pinkladydi - 9/20/2009 9:43 PM

It’s because that brand ( scuba pro) has made it impossible for consumers to repalce batteries , they cant even be done at LDS n ONLY SCUBA PERO dealers

the proper term is ’USER FRIENDLY" N THEY AREN’T

WATCH For A compeditor TO HAVE A SPECIAL ....TRADE IN YOUR OLD COMP.. FOR a different brand and be sure it’s user friendly and I’d recomend keeping an analog pressue guage, even if it’s redundant

I don’t like hose-less tank guages, and I like my computer mounted on a hose not my wrist, if you wear a wrist mount please invite me to dive behind you & I may be lucky enough to find myself another computer LOL other people have found a lot of watches that poped off my wrist , i now dive with naked wrists
Subscribed
ssbeachbaby - 9/21/2009 5:00 AM

Thank you for your reply. My Gekko is a wrist mount so I’ll keep an eye on it.lol I’ll be sure to look for trade in deals on the uwatec and I appreciate the help.

Felicia
tbrady - 12/24/2009 1:16 PM
I am able to replace batteries on the oil and non-oil filled Uwatecs. http://www.brassanchor.com/battery/
$50