Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

West Palm Beach
underseagirl - 1/25/2010 5:50 AM
Category: Travel
Replies: 4

Heading down to West Palm 3/17-3/22 for some warm water "immersion" therapy. Our water is a balmy 37 degrees right now! My buddy and I are staying at The Scuba Club. Are there any local divers there who want to come dive? Any "must see" dives we should ask for? Where’s a good place to go for a brew? Kate found "Clematis by Night" online. Sounds like fun. Any other suggestions for "apres dive"? Also, so far we have one non-diver. Is there a public beach close by if she gets tired of the pool? Thanks much, Linda
SEMPERAQUA - 1/26/2010 1:13 PM

Hi, i was raised in west palm, but now i live on long island. there is a place called city place that has just about any thing you could want as far as food,drink etc. i think clematis at night is in the same place. its very nice. good luck and have fun
SKEETER - 1/28/2010 6:57 AM
The scuba club is a nice dive club. But it is not a night club. To meat divers go to Force-e on Blue Heron Blve. There is a park off Blue Heron Bridge that has great shore diving, and a party island. Penut Island. Lots of native west palm divers go there. Befor you get to Blue Heron you well come to 13 th st. That is were the dive boats or some of them are. But there is the Tiki Hut and others clubs.
filodiver - 1/28/2010 9:12 PM
If you’re staying at Scuba Club then a fun, close place is the Tiki Hut. It’s very close to where you’re staying on a marina, good food, place to hang after diving, music in the eve., etc. The Hilton on Singer Island has an outdoor patio on the beach. Go have a sandwich and a walk on the beach. Sailfish Marina has an indoor/outdoor restaurant right in front of the boats. If you’ve got a little more time, drive about 8 miles North to Juno Beach. Keep going and stop in at Guanabana’s or Square Grouper.....hope this helps! Have fun!
Subscribed
underseagirl - 1/31/2010 6:03 PM
Thanks for all the suggestions. It would be great to meet up with some local divers too. Looking forward to warm clear water. Any idea what ml usually worn mid march down there? Linda