Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

What is the future of DiveBuddy.com?
Anonymous - 8/16/2007 5:45 PM
Category: Anonymous
Replies: 16

Share you thoughts about where DiveBuddy.com should be going in the future? This thread is anonymous so speak your mind. Should it remain just a social network for scuba divers? Should we conduct research and offer additional training? Should we partner with a certain training organization or remain neutral? Should we sell scuba accesories or divebuddy shirts? Should we take over the world or play nice?
Anonymous - 8/16/2007 10:39 PM
I say neutrality is a good thing..... but take over the world?

HELL YEAH!!!!

and I will buy some t-shirts!
Anonymous - 8/17/2007 9:38 AM
World Domination. and buddy up with Scubatoys.com if you want to sell dive gear.
Anonymous - 8/17/2007 9:43 AM
"Joined Divebuddy.com, Took over the World, Bought the T shirt"
Anonymous - 8/17/2007 12:02 PM
I liked the suggestion of "buddying" up with scubaboard and some vendors to broaden the aspect capability.

Total Global Domination!

BTW, I want a t-shirt that has a picture of a diver doing a field repair with a screwdriver or wrench that says: "Don`t screw your dive buddy. Gear maintenance is as important as buddy maintenance. DiveBuddy.com"
Anonymous - 8/17/2007 6:15 PM
I would desplay a DIVEBUDDY sticker on my suv. It well take off I am sure.
Anonymous - 8/18/2007 8:47 AM
You should sign up with Leisurepro or scubatoys as a partner and every click plus 5% will go to divebuddy.com. Lets face it we may like our local dive shops but when it comes to computers, BCD`s, regulators & wetsuits most of us have turned to the online shops, I would click through the DiveBuddy sight for my purchaces. I had bought 4 bcd`s,1 reg,2 computers,and wetsuits and skins, fins and gogles just within the last year and my purchaces alone would have been around $130-150.00 to divebuddy.com.
Anonymous - 8/18/2007 4:00 PM
Neutral, unless they want to pay you kickbacks on purchases from divebuddy members. World domination, settle for nothing less AND run with a t-shirt that says the same, I`d buy one. Anything else, please stay with only scuba related information. Oh, and 1/2 off pizza coupons would be killer. That would hit the spot right about now.
Anonymous - 8/26/2007 1:42 AM
Stay neutral in regard to different dive organizations but definately seek out partnerships to expand oppurtunities. The membership keeps growing and that`s the key, the more members, the more oppurtunities with advertisers and such.
Anonymous - 8/28/2007 7:44 PM
I think it`s Scuba Toys that`s advertising they`ll give people kickbacks for referring members/businesses to them. That makes me wonder about some people`s motivation here. I`m with the other guys, I don`t think you should hook-up with any scuba retailer. Type in s-c-u-b-a and you`re inundated with on-line retailers. I`d think about providing subscribers with trip info, such as diving/charter/lodging/food reviews from Divebuddy subscribers. Set up a list of destinations visited by members, and it will grow over time. I`ve been out-of-town a few times on dive trips and had to poke around for food and entertainment after diving. It would be nice to know where DIVERS have gone and how tghey rated it.
Anonymous - 8/28/2007 8:00 PM
As far as providing info for travelers, I won a trip from a major manufacturer. There were 160 of us in all, but I was the only diver. We went to Oahu. Upon arriving, we all had an organized lunch and sat down with advisers who had HUGE binders of recreational providers on the islands. Kayaking, parasailing, hiking, basketweaving, you name it, they had it. I asked about diving. Big mistake. Probably 200 pages of recreation info and NOTHING, NOTTA, ZILCH for scuba. Her reply was "There`s a phonebook in the lobby". It would be nice to get scuba reviews from divers that have been there/ate there/ danced there/ done that. Kind of like Travelocity or Orbitz. They have traveller ratings of lodging that have really helped me in the past. And, oh yeah, I still think you should give all your subscribers half-off pizza coupons Greg. Mmmmmmmmmm,pizzzzzzzzaaaaaaaaa.
Anonymous - 10/10/2007 6:08 AM
DiveBuddy should never become involved in any kind of training or refering to centres/affiliations etc. This will casue waaay too much politics as instructors and dive centres would NEVER refer their divers to a site where the chance of them being swayed to another centre might happen. I think it is fantastic as is!!
Anonymous - 10/28/2007 10:05 AM
The site should have a section for people looking for a significant other who also enjoys diving. I`ve seen a lot of complaints about people trying to pick up a BF or GF in the wrong place here.
Anonymous - 12/11/2007 8:41 AM
A section could always be set up for companies/sites/groups wanting to advertise. Stick it under/with/next to the classifides. That way you can still list them, but not have to make any official association. I like it being neutral, but recognise the need for advertising and the like to pay for the site. Companies will list in places other companies use. Most of them list in the yellow pages right? As for taking over the world... we`re on the path aren`t we. It isnt a question! :)