Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Dive friendly travel agent?
skipZero - 9/08/2010 10:33 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 16

Looking to take a solo dive trip in the next few weeks and would like to find someone to help arrange everything. I’m tired of tracking down flights, hotels and dive charters. 

Does anyone handle all this? I’d LOVE to just get to the airport, get off the plane and on the boat, or hotel near the boat. 

I’m looking for something cheap, of course. Usually that means close to home, but I’d consider cheap trips to exotic locales. I’ve got a range that I’m looking in, so it’s not like I can afford to head out to australia, but I could probably do mexico or a little further with no issues.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Subscribed
Smithsgold - 9/09/2010 1:31 PM
Check out your local dive shops they should have Trips that you could go on !!!! Good Luck
Subscribed
JillCW - 9/09/2010 4:54 PM

caradonna and island dreams are 2 good companies that specialize in booking dive vacations...

american airlines has fantastic caribbean air specials this time of year...so it’s cheaper cheap to go far down in the caribbean sept and oct.....you just run the risk of hurricanes...but i think for us budget travellers its worth it.

where do you wanna head to? im dying to get away for a week, but i’m also on a budget...i’ve been thinking cayman. boring?
Subscribed
skipZero - 9/09/2010 5:01 PM
I ended up finding http://www.worldofdiving.com through a post on another forum. I was thinking Cozumel as I’ve never been to, well, anywhere but Hawaii, really! I’m just looking for great vis and lots of bottom time. Of course, wouldn’t hurt if there was something to do at night, but if I could find a good deal on a live aboard, I’d be happy to do that as well...
Subscribed
Smithsgold - 9/09/2010 7:03 PM
Cozumel rocks for diving !!!!!!!
Subscribed
skipZero - 9/09/2010 7:22 PM
I’m thinking the 19th to the 26th in Cozumel. The guys over at world of diving came up with a great deal on 14 boat dives and 7 nights. Only bad part for me is a 5 hour layover on the way to Cozumel. I’ll probably confirm the reservation in the AM!
Subscribed
JillCW - 9/09/2010 11:34 PM
19-26Sept?? What hotel and dive operator?
Subscribed
skipZero - 9/09/2010 11:39 PM
5 nights in a Pool View Room at Hotel Cozumel
All-inclusive plan (see below for details)
4 days of 2-tank boat diving with Dive Paradise
3 days of 1-tank afternoon diving with Dive Paradise
Tanks, weights, and belts included

If you’re interested, I talked to Ryan at www.worldofdiving.com. You can ring him at 800.GO.DIVIN ext. 19. Seems a good deal for sorta last minute airfare and all!
Subscribed
skipZero - 9/09/2010 11:44 PM
Oops, thats for the 5 night... This is the one I’ll be doing....

7 nights in a Pool View Room at Hotel Cozumel
All-inclusive plan (see below for details)
5 days of 2-tank boat diving with Dive Paradise
4 days of 1-tank afternoon diving with Dive Paradise
Tanks, weights, and belts included

The difference in 5 night and 7 night is so little it’s worth the extra time!
Subscribed
skipZero - 9/10/2010 1:06 PM
All booked! If others will be in Cozumel the week of the 19th-26th, feel free to contact me! I hear there’s decent shore diving there too and I’d be into checking it out! 
Subscribed
Smithsgold - 9/12/2010 10:21 AM
Are you keeping an eye on Igor ???
Subscribed
Smithsgold - 9/12/2010 11:44 AM

I ment Invest 92  not Igor ...

Jeff
Subscribed
skipZero - 9/12/2010 12:28 PM
I have, a little. Not going to worry about it till a little further out... Hopefully it’ll die off a bit before getting close to Coz.
Subscribed
skipZero - 9/12/2010 2:05 PM
Oh so I just read this...

http://www.crownweather.com/?page_id=325

Seems it is expected to make the Yucatan Peninsula around Wednesday. If that’s the case, it should be out of the way by next sunday. I’ll be touching down roughly one week from right now! :)
Subscribed
Nesher - 9/13/2010 1:24 AM
Skip:

You could have stopped by Little Cayman and got some diving in with me. I’ll still be on the island until 23 Sep 2010.

BTW - I have someone in the future you can use for all your dive travel.

Subscribed
Smithsgold - 9/14/2010 11:46 AM

Hey Nesher,

How’s the Diving and the weather been ???? Hope your enjoying your trip !!!!

Jeff
Subscribed
Nesher - 9/14/2010 8:12 PM

Not to hijack someone elses thread...but got in my first dive this afternoon.

Weather is an issue, but you can dive it. Just not ideal, if you know what I mean. The storm front should pass by Fri and/o Sat

I’ll post a report upon return....

Skip - enjoy your trip