Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Who`s your buddy
Anonymous - 10/04/2007 7:55 PM
Category: Anonymous
Replies: 41

I have to ask this. WHAT is with the majority of you over testosterone laden pervert men trying to pick up EVERY women on here? Do you think we want every swinging &%*K coming onto us? Look at your buddy lists. The majority of you have more women listed as your dive buddy than men. I want to enjoy the sport, I DON`T want you coming onto me with the, will you be my buddy bull crap or the stupid messages. Try being a gentleman for once!!!! I do know two or three members who are men and they have been NOTHING but true gentlemen! The rest of you, and you KNOW who you are, PIGS. This is Divebuddy.com, NOT the local meat market bar. If you need some release, do what your used to. Take matters into your own hands. I should start a PERVERT list.
Anonymous - 10/04/2007 9:03 PM
Well said. Guys: behave yourselves.
Anonymous - 10/05/2007 12:32 AM
But of course you don`t have the guts to make this a non anonymous post. I know my buddy list is about half and half.
Anonymous - 10/05/2007 4:32 AM
Im sure there are some pigs out there ,thankfully now you have the option to allow as your buddys only who you want but, I agree with the last post , your outburst is totally pointless being anonymous !!

I personally don`t care if my buddys are mostly guys or girls, and more, some of the girls were nice enough to request me as their buddy.

Atte: yours, DragonMarino
Anonymous - 10/05/2007 4:46 PM
Wow! I would like to see how far this goes! I can agree with both sides here. I see some guys with nothing but all female buddy lists, and wonder about that.

My list is about half and half, and is mainly local divers to me. There are a few out of staters that have neat pics or blogs that are on my buddy list, but I am also on their buddy list.

You can always report them as "Bad Content"
Anonymous - 10/05/2007 4:49 PM
Oh and there is also enough females on here with non dive related pics of them and their short skirts and low cut tops.... Lots of T&A thats questionable!

What kind of statement does that make??
Anonymous - 10/05/2007 5:04 PM
Well I`m not sure how or why the %of girls/guys or guys/girls makes 1 bit of diff as long as everyone is maintaining their comments and messages in each individual persons comfort zone. This is a place to socialize and that socialization type is completely up to each individual. I`m in no way condoning inappropriate behaivor, but there are appropriate actions for such problems and if someone is being a "PIG" then I def think that the problem should be looked into. If I`m not mistaken you have the right to deny anyone from being your friend and can delete them from your friends list. If they are being inappropriate then tell them and report them to Greg. Greg runs the tightest ship in the scuba web business and will deal with the problem to the degree nessesary and appropriately. Pigs wont be tollerated nor will inappropriate actions - Now act right fellers - or someones gonna report yah!!!
Anonymous - 10/05/2007 5:10 PM
I myself have have a mixture of male and female. After reading this, i did a little checking intomthe ratio`s. It does seem that a lot of guys here do have more females a friends than their male counter parts and if you look, Those same guys are miles if not states away from their buddies. Not that there is anything wrong with that but it makes one go hmmmmmmm. I also agree that there are some questinable pictures. I have used the stop sign on one but that didn`t do anything anyway. I know that I have to approve those who request to be my buddy and I do so carefully. I have approved some and denied others. It is all in one choice isn`t it? Now who wants a drink here at the local meat market bar? lol
Anonymous - 10/05/2007 5:13 PM
BTW, the stop sign (bad content report) says that multiple members have to report something before it is removed. I guess that Greg`s way of creating a democracy! I like it.
Anonymous - 10/05/2007 6:06 PM
The stop sign is a great solution to a problem and offers democracy. Kudo`s to you Greg! If nothing happened when you clicked the stop sign, then not to many peeps agree with you or have yet to agree with you and you stand alone and maybe a little too sensitive!!!! If all it took was one persons opinion to remove content then this site would soon cease to exist!! The system that Greg has in place is a good one (dont change it Greg!!!) If nothing happens when you click on the stop sign, but you still feel its inappropriate for the sight, you can always contact Greg to review it and he`ll make the call. But there has to be some middle ground here and I believe that the system Greg has is perfect as is, it is designed not to allow the voice of a very few decide the fait of the whole group - If something is truely offensive then enough votes (stop signs) will be cast to remove the item. I vote that if 1 person thinks their opinion should be enough to decide for all that they are OFFENSIVE.
Anonymous - 10/05/2007 6:41 PM
The stop sign is ONLY a flagging procedure. it is NOT intended to immediately remove something one or two people feel are offensive
Anonymous - 10/07/2007 9:36 AM
This is Greg. The stop sign WILL automatically remove bad content (photos, blogs, profiles, etc.) if enough members vote it out. This was my way of putting the control in member`s hands. Of course I own the site, so if you see something really bad and you can provide a great argument for why it should be removed, then I`ll consider it. I don`t give spammers a second change, and nudity (except the tasteful kind) will be removed immediately. But I built this site for you all, so if the majority wants me to change my procedures, I will.
Anonymous - 10/07/2007 5:39 PM
If you have such a problem with all the men on the site, Why don`t you let us know who you are so we don`t make the grievous error of saying Hello. I for one have only a few women on my buddy list, all of whom requested to be there. It sounds to me that you are pretty full of yourself and really need to lighten up, maybe even do a bit of growing up.
Anonymous - 10/07/2007 6:57 PM
Sounds to me like she`s posting photos or info that might "invite" guys to be rude. I have several female "buddies" on my list. I`m not hitting on them or sending provocative mail to them and I am a healthy heterosexual male. Some of them are very very attractive (and sexy) but I`m also a gentleman. I will admit there are a few women posting photos that say a little more than "HI"!
Anonymous - 10/07/2007 11:24 PM
See my post in romance, Cheerist, I would hate to reach to fast for your alternate air source. wpbdiver
Anonymous - 10/08/2007 3:54 PM
I also can see both sides and can understand why the post was made anonymous if you read thru the posts that have been made in response to the original. We all know and understand that there are individuals on here that may not be on the up and up. However I don`t really think anyone can show me a site that is. I hope that the original message that was posted was meant in a better note than how it has appeared to me and many others. Simply because someone has more of one sex than another doesn`t necessary mean anything. As a woman I have more men on mine than women (after looking back at it I notice this) however I hope that this does not stero-type me. My love is diving and learning as much about it first hand as well as from others. froggiepatrol :)
Anonymous - 10/08/2007 7:25 PM
I`m a female and have both males and a females on my buddy list. I feel like I have good relationships with most of the people I come across. I have come to learn from most of my buddies, male and female. There has been about 5 men who have tried to make our relationship more than dive buddies, which is a little frustrating because it was out of nowhere and after one email exchange. Never did I send any hint of looking for more than diving. It can be annoying. These five men, happened to have all females on thier list. I also get frustrated at the females who take tons of pictures of themselves that have nothing to do with diving but perhaps to get attention from guys. It takes away from the purpose of this site.
Anonymous - 10/09/2007 7:31 AM
"Inviting" guys to be rude? What the heck is that...an excuse? If so, it`s quite the poor one.

In the criminal justice field that`s what we call motive for a predator.
One more reason why I believe that men and women should be required to learn how to be "ladies" and "gentlemen" before culture and locality have a chance to negatively impact the positive results that can produce.

Simply put: Guys (and gals) who act that way have no self-respect, so they can not be expected to respect others.
Anonymous - 10/11/2007 3:38 PM
Simply put: Guys (and gals) who act that way have no self-respect, so they can not be expected to respect others. As long as the Doctor is in, may I ask a question? Does this same logic apply; Guys (and Gals) with self respect will always respect others? Thing that make ya go HUM.... "I never get any respect !" R. Dangerfield
Anonymous - 10/15/2007 5:52 PM
To the Person posting the reply that has a problem with the use of the work "inviting". You should have a bait ball hung around YOUR neck on a shark dive. YOU`DE probably STILL wonder why all the sharks are coming around! How do you manage to survive? Get a clue.
Anonymous - 10/21/2007 3:04 PM
Gee, I have a lot of males in my buddy list. Does this indicate that I have too much testosterone in my otherwise feminine DNA? I went out on a dive boat today and was the only female on the boat (unplanned), but they were all gentlemen and no one tried to pick me up (what`s wrong with me.....or them????? lol) Let`s not look too much into the correlation of male v female buddies....let`s just enjoy the folks we meet and end up diving with!
Anonymous - 10/23/2007 10:26 PM
Great! NOW you ladies are going to give her a complex. "What`s wrong with me?" "Am I fat?" "Am I ugly?" "Am I a lousy diver?" "Maybe it`s the way I kick" "Or don`t kick" "Or dog paddle" "Does this weight belt make me look fat?" "OH GOD! IT DOES!" "I`m, I`m, a fat, ugly, lousy diving, dog paddling over weighted man hating hypocondriac!" "Boo hoo.......WHERE`S THE CHOCOLATE!"
Anonymous - 10/28/2007 9:57 AM
I see nothing wrong with people looking for a significant other. BUT this is not a dating site, and also people should pay more attention to if you`re single and looking or if you want just friends and no romance.
Anonymous - 10/28/2007 8:02 PM
So, if it`s not a "dating" site, why bother to address the Marital Status? Some people ARE interested in dating, diving AND diving on a date (with periodic surface intervals)! I fail to see a problem with that as long as it`s between 2 consenting adults.
Anonymous - 10/28/2007 9:40 PM
good greef, is this topic ever going to come to an end? Some people just get along/ or have more fun with the opposite sex. The comment was made for the guys to take a look at there buddy lists. My question is why are you worried about someone other persons buddy list? Maybe you should spend less time worring about other people and a little more time trying to get that stick out of your ass! For all the guys you have not taken the time to get to know we would like to think you for calling us pigs and perverts, as long as you can sleep at night. Try a little K-Y on that stick and of course happy diving!
Anonymous - 10/31/2007 7:46 PM
Isn`t K-Y petroleum based? Not good for the environment. Stick should be ok, as long as it`s not treated with preservatives. Please try to remember to use it AFTER your SOLO dive so you don`t screw it up for the REST of us. De-bark if first, though. Wait, on second thought. Yowee!
Anonymous - 11/19/2007 9:19 PM
Top Friend Chick

Anonymous - 11/22/2007 8:55 PM
Anonymous - 11/28/2007 9:33 PM
I think that ya`ll have just too much time on your hands. And remember this, when you point your finger accusing someone else of something, there are three pointing back at you......majority rules!!
Anonymous - 11/29/2007 3:33 PM
KY is water based, comes in flavors and also(let me go see)warming liquid (my fav). Use only with adult supervision....
Anonymous - 11/29/2007 9:11 PM
KY comes in flavors? Hmmmmm.....
Anonymous - 11/29/2007 9:51 PM
My girlfriends and I always said, if you come up from a dive with no makeup, your hair standing straight up and snot hangin out your nose from clearing so much, and a guy looked at you and said,,"wow, dive bunny!" he was serious material...!LOL! Get some wood, build a bridge and get over it. I have met many guys on my dive trips, married/unmarried, and all we did was dive!
Anonymous - 12/01/2007 9:41 PM
Thanks for the back-up Ladies! YEAH!
Anonymous - 12/04/2007 1:23 PM
Hi. Sorry to hear you`ve had a bad experience on this site. I, for one, may be one you are talking about. Well, I haven`t been rude, crass or coming on to anyone, but I think I have as many female buds as male.

Personally, my explaination is simple. I referred 2 of the ladies to the site and dive with them a lot, and none of my male dive buds want to join!

Also, I respect women who participate in this sport that`s dominated by men, and want to encourage them. Since I am happily married, I think of myself as a non-threatening potential dive bud - hopefully they`d feel comfortable enough to ask, since there aren`t enough lady divers to ask.

Some ladies have pretty provocative pics, so I hope they aren`t disappointed if the guys looking for a girlfriend who dives are all over them. I might throw a (hopefully) non-offensive comment to them too, but it`s just for fun (who doesn`t like flattery? I, for one, wouldn`t mind a lady flattering me every now and again!! lol).

Anywho, I hope the experience inproves for you. If ever in Jersey, come dive with us! -AP
Anonymous - 12/08/2007 8:02 PM
The young lady (assume), has a point. I was drawn to this site by the matter in which Greg had designed it feeling comfortable communicating to both new and veterams of the sport and finding not only buddies whom have invited me to stay as I travel but buddies I feel comfortable doing the same (opening my door and giving shelter). There are ways to properly show interest in someone if you are sincere... otherwise there are certainly no shortage of dating, personal and alternative sites for those types of interest. I am married and will open my home to buddies diving in Maryland or even passing through, I would hate to think that I might invite someone with a perverted mind into the same house where my wife lives, my daughter and daughter in-law and other females friends spend time. How your daughters, wives, sisters, mothers... and please don`t use the man excuse... no real man behaves in such a manner. Would you treat the women in your life the same way? Dive Well...Maurice aka "Mostest Ganpa"
Anonymous - 12/08/2007 8:03 PM
By the way I actually have twice as many men (buddies) then women... Mostest Ganpa
Anonymous - 12/11/2007 8:33 AM
I hate that this is even an issue. No matter who you are and what you do you will always come across people who get on your nerves, offend you and generally do things that are less than honourable. I find it an annoyance that my gender is even an issue, especially when I dive. We shouldn`t have to act like "ladies and gentlemen" so much as decent human beings! I work in a male dominated feild and have had my fair share of cracking-onto from very unappreciated sources, and lew comments. I am a female. If a dodgey "old groper" (to use a water metaphor) takes a crack at me that is unwanted when I am out on a boat or in general, I generally give them back a curt, but humorous and polite response that makes them laugh and puts them in their place. That way they get the message I am not interested and to back off in that manner and that way I can get on with getting to know people as people as opposed to `boys` and `girls`. By the same token, I think that most of us living in the western world recognise a persons right to wear what-ever they choose, be it a bikini, knee-high boots or a wetsuit and that it does not mean we are being sexually provocative, it is our right as an individual to wear what we want and to act as we want. Some women and men MAY post explict, provocative, or semi-clad photos because they want sexual or romantic attraction, other may just believe the photo is `pretty` or `artistic`. Different eyes see different things. What maybe acceptable to me, may not be to my grandfather or to someone in a different country. Regardless, each of us should respect the rights and sensibilities of other people. If you send a message to someone and they send you a curt reply, remember you may have accidentally offended them. Say sorry and get over it. If you are a very attractive man or woman who has photos of you in swimwear or revealing clothing you may attract unwanted attention. It is unfortunate, such is life but that is what attraction is all about. Let the person know the attention is unwanted and maybe they will realise they should not be so forward. If they get enough of these replies, they might just back off and change their behaviour. If not, someone who has such photos is replying to them (hence they will keep doing it, like it or not for the rest of us! thus something is keeping people putting such photos up and other people responding to them in such a matter) or they may be rather desperate for a `relationship" in which case feel sorry for them and move on. Don`t let this male/female thing become something that matters enough to change your life for. Deal with it, move on and forget it. I have had a really warm and friendly welcome since joining this site (really recently) have really appreciated it, have not had a single dodgey come-on line and are thankful to all the men and women who said hello when I joined the site. Hope it stays just as friendly. Thanks guys for being so nice.
Anonymous - 12/11/2007 5:20 PM
well said
Anonymous - 12/12/2007 9:35 AM
Outstanding and noteworthly put..... Mostest Ganpa