Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Need to improve
DivingCowboy - 2/08/2011 10:08 PM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 5

Can anyone tell me what kinda of camera is a good one, but not too exspensive????

I have missed some good pics on dives with this camera i have now.....dang!
Subscribed
diverray - 2/09/2011 12:38 AM
Let’s start the discussion with what equipment you have now and what kind of problems are you having with it?
Subscribed
LatitudeAdjustment - 2/09/2011 11:28 AM
From DivingCowboy:

Can anyone tell me what kinda of camera is a good one, but not too exspensive????

I have missed some good pics on dives with this camera i have now.....dang!

Most bad pictures are from not getting close enough to the subject or shooting down.

For inexpensive setups look at Olympus and Canon who both have inexpensive housings available that are good to 120’. If you are going deeper than that you’ll need to spend more on a better housing.

Most of the pictures in my gallery were taken with an Olympus 5050. I am now using an Olympus EPL-1
Subscribed
daz88 - 2/09/2011 7:50 PM

there is a large learing curve to underwater photography. It’s not normally the camera. :) maybe you can talk with people in your area that shoot pix and get some tips from them on how to shoot underwater. You need to learn what your camera can and cannot do.

The big thing if using your flash, get as close as you can, then try and get closer. :) If your using the flash, make sure you have a flash diffuser. If your taking a wide shot, turn off your flash. try different settings on your camera. and practice & practice.

I like Canon cameras and have had good luck with mine over the years. Their housings are easy to use, full control of all buttons, and I have never gotten water in my camera during a dive. (their housing are alot cheaper than the aftermarket ones)
Subscribed
DivingCowboy - 2/10/2011 8:29 PM
Wow thanks guys and gals. I will get my camera info for ya and that will tell you more.
Subscribed
mikexiang1 - 2/23/2011 5:31 AM
Panasonic camera is best for underwater photography..
 i like to use this......

ghostwriting contracts ~ hire a ghost