Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Home From Destin
smartbomb - 7/08/2011 3:34 PM
Category: General
Replies: 2

Just made it back from Destin. Spent a week chillin and running my 13 year old thru some check out dives.

If you are ever in Destin the jetties are a great beach dive. Hit it at high tide (noonish) and you will have 50’ depths and 30+’ vis. I am not a huge fan of "cattle" boats. However, Emerald Coast Diving has a 38’ Infinity hull that is one of the few charter boats I will use. Even though there were 15 divers on the trip Tuesday, it was an extreme pleasure.
Subscribed
badintexas - 7/22/2011 2:03 PM
Awesome information about Destin! I know that it will help other divers when they may be looking to travel and dive in Destin. We live in Texas but always think about heading out that way. We’ll probably take your ideas when planning. Thanks!
Subscribed
smartbomb - 7/22/2011 7:15 PM
destin is really nice. the walk into the jetties is a bit brutal. i think its about 300’ of powdery sand. but if you get there about 45-60 minutes ahead of high tide its worth it. if you have a boat then it a done deal. put in at any of the boat ramps and its a 5 minute ride to the jetties (no walk in the sand). seas are calm enough for a pontoon or small boat.

if you do a charter, emerald coast is the bomb. very well run shop. definitely look into it. destin is a great trip