Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Advice on Whites Drysuits
hansonb - 8/24/2012 12:01 AM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 4

Hey Buddies. I’m looking for advice on the Whites Drysuit Line. I’m interested in the double layer shell system they use but I’m wondering if anyone has any experience with them...good or bad? I’ve seen Bare and DUI most of the time but not a bunch of the Whites line until I hit the NW. Anyone have any comments or thoughts? Thanks all.
LatitudeAdjustment - 8/24/2012 5:41 AM
White does have demo dives although not as well run as DUI Dog Days. I dove with a White suit at Dutch once and liked that it was more streamlined than a DUI however I like DUI’s Zip seals but now with silicone seals available how often do they need changing.
Lonefrogman - 8/24/2012 10:36 AM
I own a Whites dry suit and I don’t recommend buying one. Mine has started leaking and no one I’ve brought it to can fix it. They claim it has to go back to the factory. I even sent it to a "Whites authorized repair center".
hoofpick - 8/25/2012 5:50 PM
I have a Dry Suit made by USIA. Highly recommend them, small company and very customer oriented. Their mainly a military supplier but have expanded into the public lines. The price is right and the suits are really good and for the most part they are a custom made suit for a hanger price.