Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Diving Nassau Worries
avi - 8/25/2012 8:01 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 3

I plan on diving Nassau the 6-9th and have 3 dive trips prepaid. I also plan on diving Ft. Lauderdale the 11-14th. Should I be worried about Isaac? If I want to cancel one or all of my Nassau dives now would be the time, what should I expect as far as viz goes? Thanks for any advice.
Subscribed
diverray - 8/25/2012 8:28 PM
It probably won’t be Isaac by then? It may be the next storm, or even the one after the next. Does your travel insurance pay for problems with weather?
Subscribed
avi - 8/25/2012 8:48 PM
Lol, thanks. No, I don’t mind just sitting by the beach, but I do mind not being able to get my money back when the dive shop says, we are going, and the viz is 15 ft.
LatitudeAdjustment - 8/26/2012 6:36 AM
After a storm the water gets milky for a few days until the limestone settles out again.

Isaac will be gone by then but this time of year there could always be another TS.

Yes the viz may be less but for me coming down from NJ 15’ would be fine and it’s warm :) It depends on what you like and what you are looking for. I remember a trip to Bonaire, they had a storm and viz had dropped to 50’ and they didn’t want us to dive!