Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

I need some help with this
Scuba-Stu - 5/14/2013 3:05 PM
Category: General
Replies: 4

This is a link to a petition to the Board of Directors to lower the age restrictions to dive the National Aquarium in Baltimore MD if you all could sing and share I certainly would appreciate it

https://www.change.org/petitions/mr-robert-e-carter-and-the-...-diving-the-aquarium
Subscribed
Greg - 5/14/2013 5:14 PM
I imagine it’s due to insurance restrictions. It may be easier to convince them if you suggest children and all divers have proof of dive insurance. I signed the petition. If the kids worked hard to complete their certification, and they can pass the dive skills test at the aquarium, then they should be able to dive.
Subscribed
Scuba-Stu - 5/14/2013 5:35 PM
It is I am sure an insurance issue but like you say if the kids can make it through the process what better place to experience that many different forms of sea life but within a seriously contained environment thanks for helping I do appreciate it
LatitudeAdjustment - 5/15/2013 4:35 AM
My daughter worked for a small NJ aquarium and they wouldn’t let her clean the windows in the tank because of insurance rules even though the guy they hired to do it had less diving experience.
Subscribed
Scuba-Stu - 5/15/2013 6:25 AM
I think a waiver especially if a parent is the kids dive buddy in the tank should be enough to assuage the legal eagles there has to be a way kids can get this experience. I remember when I was a kid in Southern California Marine Land used to have dive excursions in their aquarium, with out certification I might add, the only requirement was you had to be big enough to fit the gear