Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

bouyancy compecator replacement bladders and regulator parts
ScubaCrab - 8/22/2013 1:04 AM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 4

Did a recent search for replacement bladders for BC. Manufactures used to offer replacements but I could not find much. Just wondering why it is so difficult to find? Are the manufactures just trying to make more money by forcing you to buy a new wing? Seems to be the same problem with getting parts to servive your own regulators!
Subscribed
RAWalker - 8/22/2013 2:16 AM
You hit it on the head. It claiming safety reasons they are limiting parts to authorized dealers only. It’s a case where individuals just don’t have the resources to legally take the manufactures to court and stop the obvious fair trade violation.
LatitudeAdjustment - 8/22/2013 4:10 AM
Deep Sea Supply replaced the bladder on my travel wing, the price was right and turn around was a week.

I doupt if I had the right tools in the garage to do it myself anyhow but their lawyers probably don’t allow direct sales of bladders.

I once did a mod on my daughters BC making it easier to dump the weights and forwarded the idea to Oceanic, the reply was a threatning letter from their legal department. No such problems with BP&W, we can build, mix and modify any way we want :)
Subscribed
ScubaCrab - 10/15/2013 6:46 AM
Thank you for the post’s. It seem’s as though it is all about lawyer’s and money! I want to be safer than they want or will let me to be!!
Subscribed
ScubaCrab - 10/19/2013 4:33 AM
Couple of inflator valves on my bc’s. Some cleaning and lube and they work better than new. One was brand new and used twice but I did not like it because it was a little stiff now smooth as silk!