Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

affordable florida dive vacation?
tshark - 9/25/2013 7:38 AM
Category: General
Replies: 3

Ok nothing fancy but we live in sw Florida just south of Venice sharks tooth capitol. Anyways we have a nice dive boat that will take 6 divers & 18 tanks and a guest bedroom that sleeps 5. So with that being said we are interested in helping out other divers living further from nice diving conditions. We are not looking to make money just share what we love so if anyone is interested in diving in florida contact me & we can talk further. Ps we love to spearfish!!!!!! I am a USCG Master Boat Captain PADI Divemaster & Firefighter/EMT Safety first always!!!!!
Subscribed
Greg - 9/25/2013 7:50 AM
That’s a very nice offer and it’s a testament to the awesome divers we have on DiveBuddy. Thank you for offering to share your home and boat with other members.

I have friends that own boats and whenever I dive with them, I help pay for gas. I also have plenty of tanks so I assume the responsibility of bringing tanks with plenty of air. Point is...if anyone is willing to share their home or boat with you, make sure to participate in the expenses and gear required.
Subscribed
tshark - 9/25/2013 9:05 AM
Well said thanks Greg So when will you be diving with us? lol
Subscribed
RhodeIslandDiver - 9/25/2013 1:00 PM
I see your post on divebuddy. I live up in Connecticut, obviously not the greatest conditions, but we manage to get wet and spear some fish pretty regular, at least during the summer months. I would love to get a few days down there to do some spearing with people familiar with the area. Let me know what time frame is convenient for you maybe we can hook up and do some diving/spearing.

Thanks for your hospitality,

Mike