Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Graveyard of the Atlantic Diving
Riverdiver - 4/02/2008 1:55 PM
Category: General
Replies: 6

I’m looking at going to NC to do some wreck diving this summer. We are going to take a small group from the midwest. Was wondering if anyone could give me some input on shops or charters to use or avoid any help will be greatly appreciated. Or if anyone has a trip allready set up that has room for about 4 divers I would be interested in that also.
Janvier - 4/02/2008 6:07 PM
I like Discovery Diving in Beaufort NC. They have two boats that carry about 18 and a 6-pack. Good people and safe company.
Eve - 4/03/2008 9:46 AM
We live 45 to 50 minutes from Morehead NC and Beaufort NC, Discover diving is the company that our family has used . We also have a boat that if timing and weather is right may be able to take a few people out. Check with Greg at this divebuddy site to see if he plans on coming here to this area this summer. He has dived a few wrecks here and may offer some advice to you. We do know that you will love it, for dining make sure you make it to the sandbar restaurant /tiki bar in beaufort.
allisonfinch - 4/03/2008 6:38 PM
In Morehead area I’ve used both Discovery and Olympus Diving. In Wilmington, I have used Aquatic Safaris. All offer divers dormitories that are geared to groups. Book early for these places. I like Olympus’ dorm the best, although I’ve never stayed in Discovery’s dorm.
Janvier - 4/07/2008 7:38 PM
Terry and Jerry with Discovery Diving are great!
romeo25411 - 5/19/2008 10:12 PM
I prefer Olympus and Discovery. However, here is a link to sight that will help you out. Her name is Lauren and she is an accomplished diver. Last time I saw her she was getting cave certified. Anyway her is her site: http://www.godivenc.com/

You will get insight on weather terms, area restaraunts and boats. Feel free to ask her any direct quesitons that are not covered on her site.

By the way, are you familiar with the carolina rigging? We do things a bit different when it comes to entering and exiting the water here.

Hope this helps.

Daniel