Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Oceanic Data plus Newb Help
Sonnylynnvick75 - 2/05/2014 5:35 AM
Category: Equipment
Replies: 4

If you’ve noticed, I’m taking my SSI training this weekend. Pretty pumped about it but I’m trying to figure out this dang dive computer. I’ve got an Oceanic Data plus. Does anyone that has one have a simplified way of explaining to me how to use it? I mean do I have to input certain info? A youtube video would be stellar. Thanks in Advance
Subscribed
RockRat2008 - 2/05/2014 6:13 AM
I’ve never used that particular model but here is the manual direct from Oceanic. I didn’t read it in depth but it appears pretty straight forward.

oceanicworldwide.com/us/media/wysiwyg/manuals/12-1968-r03.pdf

Hope this helps.
Subscribed
Sonnylynnvick75 - 2/05/2014 6:15 AM
I printed a copy off the other day but haven’t gone through it too much. I wasn’t sure if there was a super simple explenation of functions or what. Thanks for the help though.
LatitudeAdjustment - 2/05/2014 12:39 PM
I had one and it was pretty simple to use. There was a website that had how to’s for the dive computers and practice runs for a fee but I can’t find it so I’m guessing it didn’t make it :(
Subscribed
Sonnylynnvick75 - 2/05/2014 1:30 PM
Of course it didn’t because that would be helpful and we don’t need that on the internet.