Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Dive Missions Report - Bonaire & Cozumel
Seawolf5 - 7/17/2014 1:26 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 0

Greetings, Dive Buddies!

Have not posted for some time, been a tad busy w/ missions. As the title says, two trips. First Bonaire from June 14-21. Went as part of the Planet Ocean Group from Columbus, GA and Stayed @ Buddy Dive Resort. A great trip. Splashed around the following sites: Buddy’s Reef, Salt City, The Lake, Hilma Hooker, Weber’s Joy (Witches Hut) 1,000 steps (where I must say, lost my dang camera!) Red Beryl, The Invisibles, Red Slave, Salt Pier, which is now open to the public as a regular shore entry, no longer a special priced dive, Something Special, Alice in Wonderland, and Jeannie’s Glory. On Klein Bonaire we went to No Name Beach, Captain Don’s Reef, Leonora, Small Wall, Knife, and Hill. Accumulated a total of 497 dives w/ this trip, awesome to say the least, great group of folks, all Hooaaah!

And now Cozumel, Land of Swallows. Found a deal on Groupon that had air and hotel for a great price so like the airborne trooper that I am, I jumped on it! From July 8-15 stayed at the Flamingo Hotel, a stone’s throw from the museum. Dove w/ my buddies at Opal’s Dream and went to the following sites: Santa Rosa Wall and Shallows, San Clemente, Palancar Bricks and Horsehoe, La Francesa, Cedral Shallows, Colombia Deep and Shallows, The C-53 Wreck, also paid $15 extra and went to Maracaibo and that was a grrrrreeeeeeaaaaatttttttt dive, worth every penny! Ate at Wet Wendy’s, pizza at La Cocay, and the daily staple at El Amigo Abelardo right across from the hotel. Went to the usual hangouts at Chedraui and Mega, also to the Zermatt bakery for some goodies. Broke 500 dives on this trip, planning the next one as we speak...mission bound.