Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Looking for a dive buddy in PA
ChristopherBurgert - 9/02/2014 6:20 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 4

I’m looking for a dive buddy for Dutch Springs or the Deleware River for the spring or summer of 2015. I have been certified since 1997, but haven’t done any diving since. I haven’y been able to find a dive buddy, but I plan on a refresher course real soon. I am considering solo diving, but I need experience before I do that.
gemiller - 9/03/2014 3:07 PM
Hi, I’m in Schuylkill County and a few others are real close as well. I dive at Dutch once a year or so (not too much pay to play for me) and cert courses, but the delaware and other "creeking" is fine with me!
Subscribed
ChristopherBurgert - 9/03/2014 4:18 PM
This coming spring I’m looking to do river dives, so if you don’t mind a diver with minimal experience let me know. I’m heading to a dive shop tomorrow and doing a refresher course. I still need a lot of equipment, had to sell it but hope I get a good tax return.
LatitudeAdjustment - 9/04/2014 4:35 AM
You probably don’t want to do the Delaware south of the Gap, I tried to photograph a commercial diver working on pilings at Fairless, just south of Bristol Pa. and there was little viz

There was all kinds of junk dumped into the Schuykill off the Navy yard piers up until the 70’s but again, little viz and you may need permission from Homeland to dive there if ships are tied up.
Subscribed
John_giu - 9/04/2014 8:48 AM
From LatitudeAdjustment: LatitudeAdjustment - 4 hours 10 minutes ago.
You probably don’t want to do the Delaware south of the Gap, I tried to photograph a commercial diver working on pilings at Fairless, just south of Bristol Pa. and there was little viz

I don’t even trust being on a boat on THAT section of the Delaware. You are a much better a man than I for even attempting it!
! I spoke with a Philly P.D. diver who told me they can have 50’ of hard hat hose in the water and only be down 10’.