Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Travel Buddie/s - Diving & Backpacking in South East Asia - Around May-August
Th91 - 9/12/2014 12:49 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 2

Hey guys I´m looking for some Travel Buddies. Next Year I want to travel with my backpack and also dive. I am 23 years old and from Germany. I am an OWD with around 100 Dives and have also a Nitrox Brevet. I ´ve allready visited countries like Malyasia, HongKong, Singapore, Japan, Korea & Bali with my Backpack the last couple years.
I am searching for traveler at the same age (18-30), you dont need to be experienced in traveling with a Backpack. For me it would also be the first time of backpacking and diving with my own gear. Which countries I am going to visit next year arent sure yet, but some places in malaysia and expecially in indonesia are on my "Must Visit/Dive" list.

best regards,
Th91
Subscribed
ScubaDoo83 - 9/13/2014 6:47 AM
This sounds very interesting. I must ask though, what kind of gear do you have? My BCD alone almost fills up my massive 90kg Kelty backpack.
Subscribed
Th91 - 9/15/2014 2:59 AM
Sorry for my late reply, but I wasnt reviewd by the admins yet.

At the moment I dont have a fitting BCD, just some old BCD for teens. I just started diving again last year after a way to long time and because I wasnt sure if I am really into it. Therefore i had to rent BCD, Computer and Diving regulator during my time in Bali. This wasnt inexpensive for 25 dives, thats why I want to carry my own gear.
I have still my old regulator the Scuba Pro G250 HP and the Scubapro r290 as octopus and an aladin computer (without nitrox) , but I used 2 first stages. But for the trip i might get some new regulator and frist stages, because my old stuff wasnt in revison for years.

Those BCD are quite intresting for traveling: - Aqualung ZUMA , Cressi Travelight Air and Aeris Jetpack ( This one is really crazy ) or the Mares Hybrid Pure MRS plus

reards
Th