Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Looking for dive buddy in St Petersburg FL.
Scubagirl2013 - 10/30/2014 4:25 AM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 4

I’m looking for anyone wanting to dive in the St. Petersburg Fl. area. I usually dive a couple of times a month. If your interested please message me. I dive with Tanks a lot & Clearwater charters but I’m open to other areas close by.
Trina
LatitudeAdjustment - 10/30/2014 5:21 AM
If you page down;

divebuddy.com/forum/38070/looking-dive-buddy-in-west-central-florida/

divebuddy.com/forum/38044/looking-permanent-dive-...h-southwest-florida/

My son is in Homosassa so I’m sometimes down there.

BTW, I think we met on one of wreckwench’s trips, Ray
Subscribed
joec1 - 11/02/2014 7:21 PM
Hi there. I live in St. Pete. we usually go to the REGINA, and use Sea Kat for dive trips. we also go to Blue Grotto and Devil’s Den. Water is cold now but gonna have to do some diving during my DM class.

-Joe
RichKeller - 11/03/2014 11:14 AM
What are the best places to dive in your area? I dove there back in the 80s to blow up the old bridge but never went anywhere else in the area.
Subscribed
joec1 - 11/21/2014 5:18 PM
Hey Trina and anyone else, we are headed to Blue Grotto and or Devils Den this sunday. Let me know if you want to partake, we will meet up there around 10:30a. I can let you which one we do or first if you wish.

Rick,
As far as inland goes, there is Blue Grotto, Devils Den and Paradise Springs. All fresh water and 72 degrees. You can also dive the aquarium in Tampa if you ask them.

For west coat dives, we go to to Sarasota and use a shop called Sea Kat, he has a boat and takes us to some nice tugs, reefs and actual wrecks. There are 2 shore dives where his shop is, The Regina, and Spanish Rocks. The Regina is a an old sugar barge about 75yds out from the beach and about 20’ deep. Nice time if vis is good. Spanish Rocks is a little north of that and about 100yd swim but a nice reef.

We dove 7 mile reef which is made from the old bridge debris, it was nice. Another good site by boat is the tanks, about 65’ and worth the view.

-Joe