Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Scuba travel
divingbear - 1/27/2015 12:10 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 3

I am wondering if there is a travel website where people or business list trips to divers, and divers can in turn select travel destinations based on packages, cost or what have you. Like a Travelocity or some such.
Or where do you look at trips?
Subscribed
LandSeaAir - 1/29/2015 9:22 AM
I subscribed (its free) to Sport Diver (sportdiver.com) and they have packages everywhere. I get an email every couple of weeks or so and you can unsubscribe at any time. Otherwise I search inline for the particular destination plus diving and usually get many Dive Clubs and Hotel/Diving hits specific to the destination. I also make sure that the package includes DAN Insurance
(diversalertnetwork.org/scuba-dive-insurance/?CID=362) or I go and get some for that trip. There are nice Dive Clubs and Travel listed on DiveBuddy too. Greg,,, I got a plug in,, hahahaaa,,,
LatitudeAdjustment - 1/29/2015 1:49 PM
Ben come down to Beneath the Sea the end of March beneaththesea.org/ , it’s the biggest dive travel show in the country. Bring a lot of address labels and enter contest for dive trips, get on mailing list and you’ll get more travel info than you’ll know what to do with :)

If you have someplace in mind be prepared to book, there are always show specials.

Check out the seminars, there’s always some on travel, new places, how to pack, how not to get sick, what to insure, etc.

Stop at the back end of the 800 isle and say hello, I’ll be in the Exhibitor’s Relations booth unless I’m out on the floor collecting swag myself.
Subscribed
divingbear - 1/30/2015 11:17 PM
I’ll be there...
Last year I entered my name in those win a free trip things and still get BS calls so. Will be Leary about that again.