Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Buddy wanted in VA
winstonviamontes - 1/31/2015 9:17 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 7

Hello Friends. I am new here in Richmond, VA and I looking for a buddy for diving in Virginia. I am looking for small group cause I am photographer anD I like dive very slow. I am advanced open water, nitrox and SCR dolphin. Thanks
Subscribed
Micah - 2/01/2015 8:16 AM
Winston - my name is Micah, and welcome to the area. I currently live in Fredericksburg, VA, and am always looking for a dive buddy for Lake Rawlings. I generally do not dive before April here in VA, but am very active come early spring and throughout the summer.
Subscribed
winstonviamontes - 2/01/2015 6:06 PM
Hi Micah. Nice to meet you, thanks for your answer. We keep in contact. Normally I have weekends free to dive. We will wait for better weather.
Subscribed
mcolligon - 2/02/2015 9:37 PM
Winston and Micah, I would like to introduce myself as well. My name is Mike and I live in Richmond. I am currently working on my dive master cert and am at Rawlings often. I also try to get down to Morehead City, NC as often as possible for really amazing diving. pleas stay in touch and let me know if / when you want to get together. Headed down to Florida for a long weekend doing Blue grotto, Devils Den and Crystal River(snorkeling here) on Feb 13,14,15 with The Dive Shop in Richmond.
Subscribed
Micah - 2/03/2015 7:29 PM
Michael - I have been looking at a Morehead City trip for this summer. I have been trying to get down to NC for the past few years, but have yet to make it. During late spring and through the summer, I try and get to Rawlings at least once per month. Have fun in Florida, sounds like it will be a great trip!!
Subscribed
mcolligon - 2/04/2015 5:36 AM
Micah,

The Dive Shop in Richmond has 4-5 Morehead City trips going starting in June. I was there is October and November last year and the dives were amazing. I will get the dates and post them here. I will be at the lake a bunch this spring doing my dive master dives and then probably working on OWI. reach out when you want to get wet.

Mike
Subscribed
Micah - 2/04/2015 4:33 PM
Sounds like a plan, and thanks for the info on Morehead City!
Subscribed
1982shawn - 3/29/2015 6:34 PM
Hi guys, Id like to toss my name out there as well. I live in D.C. do the quarries a lot and have done Morehead a few times. My late summer is pretty booked but would love to hit some quarries in the early summer and early fall.