Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Who all is going to Beneath the Sea this weekend?
LatitudeAdjustment - 3/26/2015 6:35 AM
Category: General
Replies: 10

I’ll be there all three days at the back of the 800 isle in the Exhibitors booth or out roaming the floor looking for things I didn’t know I needed and places I haven’t been.

My wife will be checking out the jewelry.

Bring address labels, there are lots of mailing list and contest to enter :)

Eric_R - 3/26/2015 9:16 AM
Looks like a great show.
Eric_R - 3/26/2015 9:16 AM
OleCrab - 3/26/2015 11:30 AM
I just learned about it. So no, I have to pass this time.
Subscribed
LatitudeAdjustment - 3/26/2015 5:25 PM
From FtMyersTom: Looks like a great event...but I don’t go beyond 30 north

I don’t blame you and Saturday the thermometer isn’t going north of 30 degrees either with a chance of flurries. The good news is that’s too cold to dive or work on the boat so there will be plenty of people at the show :)
Subscribed
Btrax - 3/27/2015 4:02 PM
Ill be there with some friends on Sat. Will look for you and say hi.
Subscribed
FiddlerOnTheRoof - 3/29/2015 7:57 PM
Went on Saturday with my son and we had a great time. My only complaint is that I felt there was too many dive resort booths and a few non scuba related booths... They had solar panels for the home and a few booths that had nothing to do with scuba... What’s the deal with that?? I would like to see more scuba equipment not solar panels or China Ballet.
Subscribed
LatitudeAdjustment - 3/30/2015 8:45 AM
From FiddlerOnTheRoof: My only complaint is that I felt there was too many dive resort booths and a few non scuba related booths... They had solar panels for the home and a few booths that had nothing to do with scuba... What’s the deal with that?? I would like to see more scuba equipment not solar panels or China Ballet.

A single booth is $1475., those end-caps and doubles are more plus hotel for three days so small shops can’t afford them and to prevent bidding wars shops can’t display prices. You have to ask for the price.

The resorts and liveaboards do better so there are more of them. Equipment manufactures show the new gear but don’t sell. The clubs in the 100 isle pay a lot less but provide the volunteers that make the show work.

There is a cut off date for reserving a booth for the next show. After that it’s open to non dive related, some divers will tell you those TIMMS are dive related after getting beat up on deck, I have one. The China Ballet has been coming 3 years and it’s taken that long to train them to stay in their booth, not block the isle. This was the first time Power Windows and the Solar Panels got in. I would rather see the empty booths opened to local environmental groups to get their message out but the non dive related help pay the rent.
Subscribed
Btrax - 3/30/2015 1:40 PM
I was there early with a friend Sat also. He said the same thing about the dive resorts. The china ballet got a laugh out of both of us. I did by some stuff i didn’t even know i needed lol. including a rinse kit hahahahaha. Gonna use it on my next dive to rinse off my boots :)
Subscribed
LatitudeAdjustment - 3/31/2015 10:37 AM
From Btrax: I did by some stuff i didn’t even know i needed lol. including a rinse kit hahahahaha. Gonna use it on my next dive to rinse off my boots :)

I was looking at that bur I already carry a folding water jug filled with hot water in a cooler for rinsing me, the gear gets soaked at home.