Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

coral restoration
Capnd - 4/15/2015 6:32 PM
Category: Event
Replies: 1

hey everybody . not so long ago i had posted a topic about coral restoration volunteering , now i am posting again to ask if any of you divers would be interested in joining in and giving these people who are trying to replenish the underwater world a hand at coral restoration . I have enjoyed what the ocean has provided for me ,food ,boating, fishing just to mention a few but for me the diving has been what has been a passion since the first time i took that giant stride off the boat . from that day i was hooked ,as you all know the reefs are very beautiful ,however i have noticed the deterioration over the past 20 years . So now the good folks at coralrestoration.com have been trying to replenish what we all enjoy so much . they do need help with there goal and myself id like to see the reefs restored for future generations . i dont want to be known for take take take and dont give back to some thing as beautiful as our underwater world and i dont believe any of you would either . if you cant make it to volunteer then give coralrestoration a call and ask if you can help in any other way . There are things we can do on land to help . awareness programs that can help stop the pollution being pumped into the ocean and maybe you all have some ideas on how to go about that . thank you