Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Lionfish Population Control Proposal to Reward Divers
ReefBuilder - 5/22/2015 7:06 PM
Replies: 1

As I’m sure you’re all aware, the lionfish is a growing threat to the health and sustainability of our native fishery. The Emerald Coast Reef Association (ECRA) is asking for signatures of support for a proposal that would reward divers that turn-in 100 lionfish heads with 10 native fish tags that would be good in-or-out of season.

Please go here to read more about the proposal and sign our petition to Governor Rick Scott and the FWC Commissioners: ecreef.org

If you have any questions feel free to contact me at admin@ecreef.org

Thank you for your signatures of support!

BTW: ECRA is a non-profit reef building organization, we don’t sell anything.

Personally, I’m an avid diver that also loves to spearfish!
Subscribed
ReefBuilder - 2/17/2016 9:54 AM
Hi Dive Buddy Members,

I want to give you an update on the above proposal. We now have support for our plan from:

Dr. Robert Shipp, the 3 time Chairman of the Gulf Council
Florida Senator Don Gaetz
Florida Representative Matt Gaetz
Okaloosa County Commissioner Capt. Kelly Windes
The Marine Industries Association of Northwest Florida
Every dive shop in the following counties: Escambia, Santa Rosa, Okaloosa, Walton and Bay County
The Fort Walton Sailfish Club, 45 year old hook & line fishing club
The Walton County Artificial R eef Association
The maker of Foldspear

To read the letters of support, go here: ecreef.org/Lionfish_Pages/Lionfish_Contol.htm

If you would like to join in support of this aggressive plan to save our fishery, go here and sign our petition of support: gopetition.com/petitions/support-lionfish-populat...hods/signatures.html

If you want to support our proposal, contact me at candy@valp.net