Every other magazine and website has tips on losing weight. Deciding to ’keep up with The Joneses’ I wanted to write what I’d like to call Lose Weight While Scuba Diving. I think you’ll find my list very helpful to get to that ideal weight:
1. Throw on your wetsuit and jog a few laps around your house. You are sure to sweat out a couple pounds.
2. Eat healthy by only finishing 1/2 of your hot dog or steak and bring the other 1/2 down on your next dive to feed to the fish.
3. Take two tanks, one in each hand, gripped by the tank value, and curl them 10 times. Don’t drop the tanks on your toes!
4. Put on your full gear and get into water to deep to stand in. Now, start underwater rolls. OK, so there’s no weight loss benefit but it’s a lot of fun :)
5. Grab 6 lb bag weights and toss them back and forth with a dive buddy like a weight ball. Do this like a million times.
6. While in the water, grab some seaweed or grasses to eat. It will keep you from stopping at McDonalds for an unhealthy snack on the way home.
7. Instead of using a lift bag, free dive down (no scuba) and recover an anchor or other heavy object.
8. Make sure to rest. If you are feeling weighed down, have your dive buddy carry your gear and his/her gear to the dive site. That way they can loose some weight too.
9. Bring a scale along with you. With all of your gear on, weigh yourself before getting in the water. When you’re finished with your dive and you’ve essentially exercised by scuba diving, weigh yourself after taking all your gear off. You won’t believe the weight you’ve lost!
10. Don’t forget to "do up" your wetsuit. Add some ribbon, glitter or beads. The brightness from the ’BLING’ on your wetsuit will excite you and others thus giving you more energy to be more outgoing and active. Get that heart pumping!
These are just a few great ideas to keep you healthy and losing weight while scuba diving. If you have other weight loss tips for us, please share them! Most of these are not real health tips at all and should not be performed on land or underwater.