Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Panama City Beach May 14-19
jniery - 4/26/2014 1:47 PM
Category: Buddy Wanted
Replies: 4

Looking for a dive buddy in Panama City Beach Fl. Will be there 5-14 thru 5-19. Just looking for some easy dives, maybe shore dives at St. Andrews state park or boat dives. Any recommendations on a dive op in the area would also be appreciated. I am still a beginner in the ocean, just want to get wet and have a good time.
Subscribed
btw2459 - 4/27/2014 7:24 PM
I possibly can dive with you either on the 10th or 11th. High tide at the jetties ar around 0800 hrs. Looking at the tide tables you’ve got a great period to dive the Jetties. Morning is always the best time there only because there are less Muppetts in boats fishing the area. A dive shop I highly recommend is Divers Den. A great bunch for an ocean newbie to use. They’ll definitely help you get wet and have a good time. At that time of the year youu’ll probably find that most of the dive boat activity is at weekends.
Subscribed
jniery - 4/28/2014 4:39 AM
Thanks for the advice. Not arriving in Panama City until around noon on the 13th, then need to get settled in hotel.
Subscribed
RockRat2008 - 4/28/2014 1:27 PM
I’ve dove with Dive Locker out of Panama City and they’ve taken great care of us every time we have gone out with them.
Subscribed
artpenny - 4/30/2014 4:16 PM
I recommend Panama City Dive Center for 2 tank boat dives, tell Gomez Art Penny said hi!