Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Lost dive watch 08/30/2014
iamdean - 9/04/2014 7:59 PM
Category: General
Replies: 3

Just putting this out there for a small chance at a miracle. While diving the Flower Garden at West Palm Beach on August 30th I lost my dive watch. A Citizen Aqualand with a black wrist band (probably a busted pin as well). If anyone finds it or knows someone who may have, I would be appreciative to get it returned.
The watch has some sentimental value.
LatitudeAdjustment - 9/05/2014 5:42 AM
Good luck, things do show up again, I found a Ikelite flashlight with tether that hadn’t been hooked on, two days later a guy on the boat spots it and tells me where he lost it :)
I found a pair of 3 mil gloves drifting in the Channel Islands, back on the boat a guy was cursing that his gloves were missing :)
Off Cayman a titanium foot with a fin on it came drifting down past us, I caught it before it went into the Cayman trench. Above me was a one legged diver with a big smile.
A diveboat Captain in Deerfield found a complete doubles rig, no one has reported it lost?
I know a diver who reported a missing strobe on D2D, a DM saw the post and included it in his site briefing and someone called him the next day to make arrangements to return it.
I’ve got a Sea&Sea MX-5 out there drifting in the Atlantic gir somewhere. If found keep it, I’m not going back to film!
Subscribed
Btrax - 9/05/2014 6:56 AM
A friend of mine recommended i get a set of these for all my gear. amzn.com/B00BNQEESO I love them, had my last name and phone number put on them. I stick em to every thing just in case something decides it wants to make its own way thru the water. They are available in sizes small enough to put on the back of a regular watch to lager sizes to wrap around the top of a tank neck. They are also reflective at nite. i dropped a spare light on a nite dive an one of the other divers saw the reflection of the sticker on the bottom and handed it back to me when we got back to the boat. They can be customized a few different ways and the owner of the company (Jay) is a great guy.
Subscribed
iamdean - 9/05/2014 7:33 PM
LatitudeAdjustment, the area is popular for diving so I imagine it will be found at some time.

Btrax, I just ordered some of the stickers. Thanks for the info.