Join DiveBuddy.com

Meet new scuba divers, maintain a virtual dive log, participate in our forum, share underwater photos, research dive sites and more. Members login here.

Possible DiveBuddy Trip (October 2008). Please Reply.
Greg - 7/17/2008 12:01 PM
Category: Travel
Replies: 19

Check out this resort in Belize and give me your opinion. I’m thinking of organizing a DiveBuddy trip there for this October. The reviews are wonderful on this resort and the photos look amazing. It’s very natural and away from it all.

http://www.thatchcayebelize.com/the-island.html

OR, would you prefer to be in a location that is closer to night life with a pool or "downtown" attractions?

Please ask your dive buddies to review this forum topic and provide their opinion.
GypsyDiver - 7/17/2008 2:03 PM

that place looks great! I always look for the all inclusive and unlimited beach diving. and to dive Blue hole would be extra

Scuba Diving: 7 nights/8 days
  • 2 local single-tank dives per day
  • 3 meals daily
  • unlimited use of kayaks
  • transportation to and from Dangriga airport or bus station to Thatch Caye Resort

Alternative Dive Sites (minimum 4 people required)
  • Blue Hole Dive: $250 per person
  • Glover’s Reef: $150 per person
  • Turneffe Elbow: $200 per person

Casita: $2,123 US/person (double occupancy), $2,866 US/person for single supplement (air conditioning is available for $50 US/day)

Cabana: $1,770 US/person (double occupancy), $2,390 US/person for single supplement

Diving equipment rentals are available for $25 US/day
Subscribed
Greg - 7/17/2008 2:54 PM
Actually, our price is much better than that. I had them discount all diver rates rather than earn a commission or free spot for this trip. We can go for 5 days / 4 nights, diving, meals and transfers included (not Blue Hole) for $800 per diver. But my main question was about the location. If I can get the price right for us...does this location appeal to you?
GypsyDiver - 7/17/2008 4:40 PM
I guess I am going to have to get my passport after all!!! I will have to check with my divebuddy to see if she will be up for the trip!!
InstructorTim - 7/17/2008 4:40 PM

Sorry, that’s too rich for my wetsuit, right now. I’ll have to settle for the east coast and Keys for a while. Although I might run down to Bonaire and The Golden Reef, Inn. I have some airfairs I will need to use soon. I stayed with Gloden Reef before, I like them, alot.

Tim
h2ofria - 7/17/2008 7:36 PM

It looks like an nice place for divers. Is there anything for non-divers to do? My wife, a non-diver, likes to tag along on these trips. She does snorkle and kayak but would need some other activities to keep her busy for a week..

8 days 7 nights would be more attractive. If you are going to be spending a lot for air fare then stay as long as possible.

The group rate looks pretty good, very affordable, even if you added some extra nights.

I have been looking for a fall dive trip sometime after October 5th so I am interested.

RigHunter - 7/17/2008 7:43 PM
great site, when in October? I think DEMA is at the end of October too. I think those prices are very good, for sure let me know about this one and any others you may be thinking of in the future.
GenoMc - 7/17/2008 9:03 PM
After checking out the web site, the resort and the location looks awesome!!! The price is even better!! I’m game, all i need to know are the dates.
diveingirl - 7/17/2008 9:09 PM
Shore diving or only boat.... sounds like a real bargain though.....do you have any dates in mind for October?
Subscribed
Greg - 7/17/2008 9:30 PM
No dates in mind. I wish I could call God and ask him what the weather was going to be like in October...then we could set the perfect dates:) I’ll talk to the resort more and see what dates are good for them. The place would only hold like 20 or 30 people and we may be able to fill the whole place.
polarbear - 7/18/2008 12:07 AM
lookn to do a trip that month any way so the price sounds right and i think that the lo cal is perfect i mean hell we can be our own night life right. plus if ya make it on the 8th of oct it would be a hella of a birthday present for me. michael
RAWalker - 7/18/2008 12:25 AM
Keep in mind DEMA is in October.
steveo - 7/18/2008 11:07 AM
$800 sounds like a pretty good price. I was planning on going to Bonaire on Oct. 11-19, so if the trip is not during that week, I may be able to go.

Steve
fletcherjm - 7/18/2008 12:15 PM

From Greg: Actually, our price is much better than that. I had them discount all diver rates rather than earn a commission or free spot for this trip. We can go for 5 days / 4 nights, diving, meals and transfers included (not Blue Hole) for $800 per diver. But my main question was about the location. If I can get the price right for us...does this location appeal to you?

I checked it out and really like what I am seeing. I agree that we can have our own parties! At the rates you have listed above I pretty sure you could count me in w one other person.
OcalaJim - 7/18/2008 12:39 PM
I like the price and the dates, too. I just wonder how steep the airfare is going to be by October!
Babs - 7/18/2008 12:43 PM

Greg

You can get a better deal with Turneffe Flats Lodge Aug 30-Dec $2112pp dive package includes trips to Blue Hole, Elbow no extra cost and you get 3 dives a day not just 2. I was just there this May and the lodge, crew are great and the food.

www.tflats.com
Included in Diving Package:
3 dives per day (usually 2 on the last day) Day trip to dive the Blue Hole and explore Lighthouse Reef (weather permitting) Tanks, weights and weight belts Daily care and cleaning of your dive equipment All land and sea transfers on scheduled transfer days Three substantial meals per day and pre-dinner hors d"oeuvres AIR CONDITIONED, double occupancy lodging
Babs - 7/18/2008 12:46 PM
Greg by the way I can discount it too.....
Callieallieo - 7/18/2008 3:16 PM
This sounds awesome, I would attend and I don’t mind if it is out away from town, 20-30 of us would be enough!
MouthBreather - 7/26/2008 6:38 PM

Greg, 

You’ve got my attention. Belize and that resort sound great. I’ll stay posted and see how things shape up. The price sounds pretty good too. I think October is near the end of hurricane season too. I would be travelling solo, looking for a dive buddy.

Lew